2014 Growing Season
HELP WANTED – Farm Labour
Various jobs consisting of:
- Planting transplants, potatoes, etc – May & June
- Weeding vegetable plots – June to August
- Harvesting vegetables and berry fruit – July to late September
- Trimming & packaging of vegetables – July to late September
- Cleaning of building, containers and equipment – June to September
- Other jobs as determined
Working Hours – subject to change
May – as required
June – 3 to 4 days per week
July to mid September – 2 to 3 days per week
Balance of September – as required
Receive training on: farm operations, personal hygiene and safety, safe food handling, other topics,
Work and learn about vegetable growing in a hands-on way.
Applicants should enjoy working in the great outdoors (rain or shine).
Bending and stretching is a routine part of many jobs here on the farm. Some lifting is also required.
All positions are paid an hourly amount therefore successful applicants must display the ability to stay focused, on task. and to work at a steady, quick pace.
September is a difficult month for workers as most students are back to school. Applicants able to work during the day in September would be helpful.
Applicants are required to supply;
- transportation to the farm
- appropriate work clothing and shoes based on weather
- sunscreen and hats
- lunch / snacks – if necessary
If interested please call or email us (see Contacts)
Dale & Linda Stevanus